At Right Space Self Storage LLC, we believe it is important to protect the privacy of our customers, as well as the privacy of visitors to our web site. We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, updated, used and shared.
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “personally identifiable information” includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, address, email address, and phone number via the Website; (b) provide certain demographic information about yourself (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or blog; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
(2) Non-Personal Information: Our definition of “non-personal information” is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, demographic information, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS, etc.), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., FiOS, Charter, etc.), the search terms you use on our Site, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, to respond to your inquiries, to better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons (any by a variety of means, including email, direct mail, telephone, text message, social media, etc.), such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our products or those of our Affiliated Companies, to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website, to manage transactions (if any) such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or any of our agents or for the fulfillment of such transactions (e.g., delivery). The personal information you provide in connection with placing an order may be used by an authorized vendor to fulfill that order. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties such as our co-promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. We may also share your information with our business partners who assist us by performing core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, processing credit card payments, and delivering packages) related to our operation of this Website, processing and fulfillment of product orders, and/or by making certain Website functionality available to our users. Those business partners will only use your information to carry out their specific business obligations to us. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our Affiliated Companies, or direct that we not share your information with any Affiliated Companies, as set forth below. Whether or not you opt-out is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
(2) Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, better target advertising and advertising campaigns, and improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our Affiliated Companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that such information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
(3) Demographic Information: We use a variety of Third Party Analytics tools including Google Analytics to Website users’ demographic information to better customize our advertising and advertising campaigns, targeting both existing and potential Website users.
C. OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(3) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (if applicable) (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, you can agree to receive some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial email communications from us by following the instructions at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(4) Transfer of Assets: We may share your information with our Affiliated Companies, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
(5) Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor or disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; (d) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties; (e) in an emergency, protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public; or (f) enforce compliance with our Website rules.
D. PUBLIC FORUMS
E. WIRELESS MARKETING SERVICES
If you register for wireless marketing services, you understand and agree that you will be charged by your wireless carrier for all messages sent to you. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to a your wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
You may cancel one or more services via your wireless device at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided by at the time the message is sent, or by sending a text message that says “UNSUBSCRIBE.” We will then terminate your registration for the most recent wireless service sent to you. If you unsubscribe, the service(s) will be terminated immediately and will cancel your previous opt-in.
You understand, acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole discretion and without liability to any user, terminate any offer of any specific wireless marketing service or all wireless marketing services at any time without advance notice. We may provide notice of terminations or changes in services on this Website.
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
G. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the transmission of nonpublic personally identifiable financial and transaction information over the Internet. We also utilize additional security devices such as firewalls, security patches, and anti-virus programs, to protect nonpublic personally identifiable information. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. You agree to be solely responsible for keeping your Website user identification, password, and any other login information confidential. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
H. OTHER SITES/LINKS
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website, social media and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
I. CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
J. SOLE STATEMENT